Sunday, July 19, 2009

Poll

Our carpentry job, which we were originally told would only take 1 day, has now turned into a 4 day job. So I don't have any pictures of completed work yet. Let's just say that some of the work was not done correctly, and they are coming back to redo it. Thanks, Daddy, for pointing out all of their mistakes!

Now, on to my first poll. We're going to get laminate flooring in our living room, hallways, dining room, and study. We can't decide if we should also get it in our 3 bedrooms. (Or maybe just the master bedroom?) We have a large dog, 2 cats, and a toddler. The carpet in our bedrooms will need to be replaced soon if we don't get laminate flooring in those rooms.

George and I have never had anything other than carpet in our bedrooms, so we don't know if we'd like laminate. What do you think?


Comments are welcome too.

1 comment:

The Acosta Family said...

I wanted a "it depends" option. I think it depends on how long you plan on staying in your house. Carpet is cheaper but will show wear and dirt more quickly. Laminate is more expensive but won't need to be replaced as soon. I guess that depends on what type of each but in general I think it's a fair statement. I'd weigh your long term plans with the costs.