Friday, March 13, 2009

Strike Three, You're Out

The weather has been rainy and cold for the past few days, so our beloved Rudy hasn't gotten a walk in three days now. I've written before about the shenanigans that result when Rudy doesn't get a morning walk.

He's been at it again.

Wednesday morning Rudy ate Reese's favorite bath toy. It was a little rubber starfish that squirted water. I tried to get it from him by giving him a treat. He dropped the toy between his front two feet, ate the treat, and promptly picked the toy back up. He ate every single piece of it.

Thursday morning he got a frisbee and chewed it up. Now, I can't exactly blame him fully for that one, because when he was a puppy we let him play with a frisbee a few times. Still, he knew what he was doing was wrong. I managed to get the frisbee from him by knocking on the front door. He barked and ran to the door, and I scooped up the frisbee.

This morning he tore up a roll of paper towels I accidentally left out when I was cleaning. If he were smarter, he would have chewed up George's shoes, which were sitting right next to the paper towels.

He loves to destroy paper products.


Rudy, dreaming of a nice, long walk around the neighborhood.

God, please let it stop raining just long enough for Rudy to get a walk tomorrow morning, before he eats one of the cats.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I truly love your prayer to GOD that Rudy gets a walk before he eats one of the girls!! : )