Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The War in Pictures


From the comfort and safety of my home, I often forget that our country is still at war. I forget to pray for the soldiers whose lives are at risk every second of every day. I forget to pray for the loved ones, who wonder if their soldiers will return home alive.

I often wonder how my grandmother, Mary, coped while her son was in Vietnam, a land she had never seen. I can't imagine how it would feel to send my little boy to a far off land, where he would be the target of bullets and bombs. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be a soldier at war.

One of the blogs I follow posted pictures of soldiers at work in Afghanistan's Korengal Valley. You must
take a few minutes to view these amazing pictures. Be sure to note the ages of the soldiers. They are all so young.

I pray they will return home safely - soon.


No comments: